Providing innovative solutions for an active and healthy ageing
SIforAGE -Social Innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing- project pursues to strengthen cooperation among the stakeholders working on active and healthy ageing. We aim at putting together scientists, end-users, civil society, public administrations and companies in order to improve the competitiveness of the European Union regarding the promotion of research and innovative products for longer and healthier lives.
The SIforAGE consortium is integrated by a wide range of stakeholders along the value chain of innovation, such as private foundations, care centers, civil society associations representing aged people, universities, public policy makers, think tanks and experts at European and International level in order to bridge the existing fragmentation among them.
The specific goals of the project are:
- To develop the supporting tools and mechanisms for the Social Innovation Incubator on Active and Healthy Ageing (AHA).
- To engage and empower society and civil society organisations in research on AHA.
- To introduce evidence-based policymaking, through training activities with policymakers, to address future shaping of ageing research programmes and funding schemes.
- To raise awareness among the scientific community on the importance of social responsibility and ethics in ageing research, and offer practical guidance on how to address them.
- To analyse and improve the existing mechanisms for accessing the market of innovative products and solutions for older people.
- To actively involve the wide range of stakeholders working on AHA and spread knowledge generated along the project duration.